The Ultimate Guide to Washing Dishes: The Right Order and Pre-Wash Tips
Washing dishes is a chore that most people would rather avoid. However, it’s a necessary task that needs to be done to maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen. The process can be made easier and more efficient if you know the right order to wash dishes, cutlery, and pans, and if you use some pre-wash tips. This ultimate guide will provide you with all the information you need to make dishwashing a breeze.
The Right Order to Wash Dishes
Believe it or not, there is a correct order to wash dishes that can make the task easier and more efficient. Here’s the recommended order:
- Glasses and Cups: Start with glasses and cups as they are usually the least dirty. This prevents them from being contaminated by heavier soiled items.
- Flatware and Utensils: Next, move on to flatware and utensils. These items can be soaked in the soapy water while you’re washing the glasses and cups.
- Plates and Bowls: Plates and bowls usually have more food residue, so they come next. By this time, the water may need to be changed.
- Pots and Pans: Pots and pans are usually the dirtiest and require the most scrubbing, so they should be washed last.
Pre-washing can make the actual dishwashing process much easier. Here are some tips:
- Scrape Off Excess Food: Before you start washing, scrape off as much food as you can from the dishes. This will prevent the water from getting too dirty too quickly.
- Soak Dishes: If dishes have dried food on them, soak them in warm water before washing. This will help loosen the food and make it easier to remove.
- Use Hot Water: Hot water is more effective at removing grease and food residue. However, be careful not to use water that’s too hot as it can cause burns.
- Change Water Regularly: Don’t let the water get too dirty. Change it regularly to ensure that you’re not just moving dirt around.
Washing dishes doesn’t have to be a dreaded chore. By following the right order and using some pre-wash tips, you can make the process easier and more efficient. Remember, a clean kitchen is a happy kitchen!